Curbside Recycling Collection Service To Resume
Monday, November 13, 2017
Starting Monday, November 13, 2017, residential recycle pick up will resume operation as normal. Place GREEN CART at the curb between 6 p.m. the day before and 7 a.m. on the scheduled collection day.Visit our website for information on schedules and items accepted in your recycling GREEN CART.
“B Week” collection will begin the week of Monday, November 13, 2017.
“A Week” collection will begin the week of Monday, November 20, 2017 .
|Know Your Service Days|
What You Need To Know
- No Hurricane Harvey Debris should be in the recycling cart. While we recognize that many customers used their carts to haul demolition material to the curb immediately after Harvey, material of that type is not recyclable and is considered trash.
- Recycling should be loose and not bagged in the cart. Loose material speeds the processing line and ensures that contamination is kept at a minimum.
- Junk Waste and Yard Waste services remain suspended until further notice. Those crews continue to work on Hurricane Harvey debris removal.
- All city drop-off locations continue to work on a 7 day schedule until further notice. These sites include the Neighborhood Depositories, Westpark Recycling Center and the Environmental Service Center. Remember to check with 3-1-1 or the department’s webpage for operating hours.
- The Recycling Collection Schedule is found here: http://www.houstontx.gov/solidwaste/Recycle_Cal.pdf