If you are planning to change or add any feature on the exterior of your home you must first have the change approved by the board or risk being fined and forced to undo the change. The steps for completing an architectural change to your property are as follows:
- Complete the Residential ARC Application or the Commercial ARC Application.
- Attach a survey of your property to the form. This should have been given to you at the closing of the property you bought. No ARC Form will be put on the agenda without a survey of the property.
- Attach any helpful information to the form. This can include a color sample, a roof sample, a picture of the item which will be added, etc.
- As of September 1, 2023, there is a $35 Application Fee. You must submit the $35 fee along with the ARC Application Form, your property survey, and all other information including pictures and paint chips to Rachel Morales at 16511 Diana Lane, Houston, TX 77062. You may also submit the documents online via email to [email protected]. Payment information may be placed on the form, or a staff member can reach out to you for payment over the phone via credit card.
- If exterior paint is part of your project, you must drop off the actual paint chip. Emails or printouts of the color will not be accepted.
- Once the form and payment are received, your information will be placed on the agenda for the next ARC meeting.
- All applications are due by 5pm on the Tuesday, the week of the ARC Meeting.
- The ARC meetings are scheduled to take place on the second Thursday of each month. The meeting will be held in the board room at 16511 Diana Lane. The agenda can be found on the "News" page. Someone with complete knowledge of the change should be present at the meeting to answer any questions the board members might have about the architectural change.
- If your improvement requires a permit, CHECK HERE, you must obtain a permit from Harris County within thirty (30) days of the date of
approval by the Architectural Control Committee. To obtain a construction permit, contact Harris County Permit Department.
If you have any questions, call the Permit Dept at 713-956-3000.
- Upon review by the ARC, the minutes will be posted HERE so you can find out the results of your application. Approval and disapproval letters will be sent within 3-5 business days.